24 Hours of Le Mans. Chopard Superfast Chrono Porsche 919 Jacky Ickx Edition. The chronograph is limited to 100 pieces and was just launched some minutes ago alongside the 24 Hours of Le Mans race 2015.
Jacky Ickx “Monsieur Le Mans” is a driver with an impressive track record. The Superfast Chrono Porsche 919 Jacky Ickx Edition proudly bears the colours of the champion and six-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The 24 Hours of Le Mans race 2015 was started today at 15:00 CET and now will last until tomorrow 15:00 CET. No doubt the winner 2015 will either be an Audi or Porsche unless something totally unexpected will happen. In this case the Nissan or Toyota team may have a chance to get on top of the podium. If you ask me – and I have to admit, that I am a not only a passionate and longterm Audi driver and Audi fan – Audi will again win the 24 Hours of Le Mans this year.
But who really knows?
May the best team be the winner!
You can watch and follow the race here …
Chopard is the Official Timing Partner of Porsche Motorsport
As already mentioned in my last post about the 24 Hours of Le Mans Chopard teamed up with Porsche Motorsport to be its Official Timing partner since the start of the season 2014. Of course Chopard is also alongside the German team for the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2015.
Chopard Co-President Karl-Friedrich Scheufele told me: “While Porsche first took part in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1951, its first victory came in 1970, the very same year the film Le Mans starring Steve McQueen was shot. The victorious Porsche 917 K also came first the following year, before Jacky Ickx and Porsche jointly engraved their names on the winners’ list in 1976, 1977 and 1981 with a Porsche 936, and then in 1982 – the last of Jacky Ickx’ six Le Mans wins – at the wheel of a Porsche 956. That same 956 also came first in 1983, 1984 and 1985 before passing the baton to the Porsche 962 C, which won the 1986 and 1987 editions. The 1990s would see Porsche score four more wins, with a Dauer-Porsche 962 Le Mans in 1994, a Joest Porsche TWR WSC in 1996 and 1998, and finally, the very last victory in 1998 with a Porsche 911 GT1-98.”
On June 13th and 14th, Porsche will be looking to earn its 17th victory in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Chopard is launching a limited-edition Superfast chronograph dedicated to Jack Ickx, successful Porsche driver and longstanding ambassador of Chopard.
His victories in the 24 Hours of Le Mans earned him the famous nickname “Monsieur Le Mans”…
This is the new Jacky Ickx–chronograph …
- Total diameter 45 mm
- Thickness 15,18 mm
- Water resistance 100 metres
- Screw-lock crown with black rubber-moulded steel steering wheel motif
- Steel bezel with tachymetric scale, secured by eight blackened PVD-coated steel screws
- Glare-proofed sapphire crystal
- Exhibition back engraved with the inscriptions “Official Timing Partner Porsche Motorsport” and “Jacky Ickx Limited Edition”
- Self-winding chronograph movement Chopard 03.05-M
- Total diameter 28,8 mm
- Thickness 7,6 mm
- Number of jewels 45
- Power reserve 60 hours
- Frequency 28,800 A/h (= 4 Hz)
- Chronometer-certified (by COSC)
Dial and hands:
- Opaline silver-toned dial with matt blue inner bezel ring, white and silver-toned transfers
- Metallic black hours/minutes hands and hour-markers
- Arrow-tipped red central seconds hand
- Red hours/minutes counter hands
- Metallic black small seconds hand
Functions and displays:
- Central display of the hours, minutes and seconds
- Small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Date aperture between 4 and 5 o’clock
- Chronograph sweep-seconds hand with flyback function
- 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock, 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock
Strap and clasp:
- Black rubber strap (slick-tyre tread)
- Polished steel folding clasp
Limited edition of 100
Price: 10.930.- Euro including 20 % VAT
>>> Read more about Jacky Ickx and his stunning career as a race driver on page 2 >>>
Pages: 1 2